Dearest Adam
I went for a little walkabout today, around Kiev city. It reminds me a lot of Kuala Lumpur, funnily enough. It's the eve of their National Day. I've been expecting it to get noisy tonight, but it's now a quarter to eleven and things are still pretty mild outside. My hotel is smack in the middle of the celebration square; a huge stage has been set up there, the roads are closed to traffic, they've been playing music on and off and I do see people walking and strolling around outside. In fact I went down there myself, just a couple of hours ago. Maybe the pace will pick up closer to midnight. Or maybe they just don't do countdowns and the celebration will only start in the morning tomorrow.
As I walk around the city, my eyes keep getting drawn to little boys about your age. I look at them and smile and think of you.
I miss your smile baby, I really do.
Love
Mummy xxx


No comments:
Post a Comment