Adam's first trip to Malaysia: 16 December 2011 - 8 January 2012.
The flight:
You were beautiful!!! You hardly cried at all, only just the little bit of unease during take-off and landing, apart from that, what a contented, calm child. You slept lots, I was glad for that, and whenever you were awake you were smiling away at the other passengers. I am so so proud of you baby.
Ayah was a great help. I could focus my attention on you because he took care of everything else.
The arrival:
How stressful. For both you and me. It was overwhelming, so many different things at once. It was too hot and I had you in long-sleeved overalls which was a mistake. You must have been really tired, we've been travelling close to 18 hours by then. My whole family was there at KLIA and they picked you up and passed you around. I have never heard you cry that hard before, I was close to tears myself. I am so sorry baby. Fortunately after a while you were ok and slept. Arrival in Johor was a bit better, though when we got home you were again overwhelmed by people.
Settling in:
It's been two days now, and you've settled in considerably. Lots of sleep helps. I am so glad you are no longer highly stressed. What a relief.
We've still got many days to go, but we'll take it one day at a time ok. It is lovely that all the people who love you dearly finally get a chance to see you. And this change in environment should be good for you too. What an adventure, everything is totally new. Like I said to your Ayah, the real world can be harsh but you need to be able to survive in it, and not depend on the comfort of your extremely sheltered home and life with just us.


No comments:
Post a Comment