Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Happy 1st Birthday

Dearest Adam

Happy Birthday sweetheart. We love you so much.

What a year it has been, and what a wonderful boy you are. I truly believe you are put on this earth to bring joy to people's lives. You certainly bring joy to your Ayah and I. We are so blessed.

We had a nice, quiet, quality day today. No big party, not too many presents. But full of love. We don't want to associate birthdays with gifts and things, but more with appreciation and gratitude. And on your Ayah and my part, with time. I am present for you today. As I have been for every single day of this first year of your life. Your Ayah and I also want to instil the spirit of giving in you, so we are hoping to start a tradition where each year, on your birthday, you give away something. For now, we'll do it for you in your name and your honour. I am packing up a whole lot of your toys, those that you have outgrown or have lost interest in, and I'll be selling them off in a fundraiser that my friends and I are planning to hold soon. The proceeds are to go to a home for disabled children in Viet Nam. This is in your honour, sayang.

A one-year old boy. Oh wow. You are simply amazing. I know that I am not biased in saying that you are quite exceptional. You are smart and you have a wonderful personality. Such a joy. I hope you continue to develop such positive traits. I hope to continue to be able to play a role in moulding you into a great human being.

One of the main things your Ayah and I really wanted to provide you with, is the love of reading. We've worked hard in the past nine months to try to achieve that, and it does look like our efforts are paying off. Your love for the written word is extraordinary. You already have a vocabulary list of at least thirty words that you recognise when written down. For most of those, you can even give a response. 'Dog' is a "woof". 'Bellybutton' is "lellylelly", 'Car' is the roll of your arms showing the wheels going round and round. 'Butterfly' is the flapping of your palms.
Amazing.
Another amazing thing is your smile. Your laughter. They light up my world. And when you hug me, or give me one of your open-mouthed sloppy kisses, my spirit rises up and soars to the clouds.

Please know that you are loved.

Lots of love,
Mummy.
07.08.2012

No comments:

Post a Comment