Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, 23 July 2012

Fragile

This is so beautifully written

RED FROG - http://nurshable.com/2012/06/19/red-frog/

Excerpt:

"I had a choice then, and I made the wrong choice. I chose to see the small broken frog rather than seeing the fact that you had climbed up onto the toilet time and time again to take down each glass figure carefully, to line them up on the floor, to drink them in and appreciate their intricate beauty. You had been gentle. You had been careful. You had been diligent. It was my disruption that caused the frog to break. It was my previous refusal to allow you to explore those tantalizingly interesting glass figurines that caused you to explore them on your own. And it was guilt over going against what I had said that caused you to break one. I did not see those things. I did not see all of the glass figures you had been careful with, I did not see my contribution to the broken frog. And I did not see the sadness and guilt that you already felt.
Instead I became angry and sent you to the bedroom where we were staying for a time-out. I put all the glass figurines back on the shelf, carefully examining them to make sure no others had been broken. And then I walked back into the room and saw you. And I realized that I had not been careful with fragile things. I had taken your sadness and I had made you sadder."

No comments:

Post a Comment